- “It is one of the greatest moments in my life today. Because of your blessings, I have been given the honour to be the one who dedicates this amazing statue to the nation,” PM Modi said.
- The statue depicts Sardar Vallabhbhai Patel, India’s first Home Minister, wearing a traditional dhoti and shawl, towering over river Narmada. Iron was collected from all over the country for the statue of Sardar Patel, also known as the Iron Man of India.The statue can withstand severe wind velocity and severe earthquakes.
- Online booking to visit the Statue of Unity has opened with a Rs. 350 admission fee for the 153-metre-high observation deck that opens to visitors on November 3.
- The statue has been designed by Padma Bhushan-winning sculptor Ram V Sutar and has been built by Larsen and Toubro and the state-run Sardar Sarovar Narmada Nigam Ltd. It took about 250 engineers and 3,400 labourers to construct the statue in 33 months.
- The Statue of Unity stands 177 feet higher than the current world’s tallest, China’s Spring Temple Buddha in the central Henan province.
- Local tribal leaders had announced a boycott of the inaugural function citing destruction of natural resources due to the memorial. The Gujarat government said the 185 families moved to make way for the statue had been compensated and given 1,200 acres of new land. Activists said about a dozen of their leaders had been detained before the grand event, news agency AFP reported. Police denied they had made any detentions.
- “The statue will remind those who question India’s existence, that this nation was, is and will remain eternal,” PM Modi said. “This (statue) is a source of unity…with this sentiment we should march…and march with a dream to make the country ‘Ek Bharat Shreshtha Bharat‘ (One India, Superior India),” he said.
- The core of the statue is made up of reinforced concrete, but its surface that gives it a distinct design, has been created using 553 bronze panels – each panel has 10 to 15 micro panels. The panels were cast at a foundry in China and imported, which led to Congress chief Rahul Gandhi repeatedly targeting the government, claiming that the statue which will have a ‘Made in China’ tag.
- Mr Gandhi again attacked PM Modi’s ambitious project. He described it as ironic that the statue of Sardar Patel is being inaugurated, but “every institution he helped build is being smashed.”
- The statue has a viewing gallery which can accommodate 200 visitors at a time. This gallery offers a view of the Sardar Sarovar Dam, its reservoir, and the Satpura and Vindhya mountain ranges.
The Stand Up India – All you need to know about!
The Stand Up India conspire is secured by Department of Financial Services (DFS) to energize
greenfield ventures by SC/ST and ladies business visionaries.
The Stand Up India conspire is proposed to encourage something like two such undertakings for
every bank office, on a normal one for every class of business visionary.
The normal date of achieving the objective of no less than 2.5 lakh endorsements is three years from
the dispatch of the Stand Up India plot.
The Stand Up India conspire accommodates renegotiate window through Small Industries
Development Bank of India (SIDBI) with an underlying measure of Rs 10,000 crore.
The Stand Up India conspire accommodates making of a credit ensure instrument through the
National Credit Guarantee Trustee Company (NCGTC).
The Stand Up India plot accommodates handholding support for borrowers both at the pre credit
arrange and amid tasks. This would incorporate expanding their nature with figuring
administrations, enrollment with online stages and e-commercial centers and in addition sessions on
best practices and critical thinking. The Stand Up India plot centers around handholding support for
both SC/ST and Women borrowers.
The Stand Up India plan’s general aim is to use the institutional credit structure to connect with
these under-served parts of the populace by encouraging bank advances repayable up to 7 years
and between Rs 10 lakh to Rs 100 lakh for greenfield undertakings in the non cultivate area set up
by such SC, ST and Women borrowers.
The advance under the Stand Up India plan would be suitably anchored and upheld by a credit
ensure through a credit ensure conspire for which Department of Financial Services would be the
pilgrim and National Credit Guarantee Trustee Company Ltd. (NCGTC) would be the working
Edge cash of the composite credit under the Stand Up India plan would be up to 25%. Intermingling
with state plans is relied upon to diminish the real necessity of edge cash for various borrowers.
Over some undefined time frame, it is recommended that a record as a consumer of the borrower
be developed through Credit Bureaus.
PM GAVE INDIA DIWALI GIFT OF 12 NEW POLICIES
In the wake of propelling a gateway that will authorize an advance to a MSME in 59 minutes, Prime Minister Narendra Modi declared 12 new choices for little enterprises which will improve their credit get to.
The MSME Outreach Program is relied upon to help the MSME since the segment is one of the real generators of work openings and making a noteworthy commitment to the general development of the nation’s economy.
Different declarations and expectations, focussing on access to credit, access to showcase, hand-holding and assistance support to the area was made amid the occasion. Different declarations and expectations focussing on access to credit, access to advertise, hand-holding and help support to the part were reported.
- 59-minutes advance Narendra Modi said the initial step taken by the legislature was to dispatch the 59-minute advance endorse gateway, which will permit simple and brisk credit up to Rs 1 lakh to independent companies.
- Automated irregular designation and a time period 48 hours max will be given to document report for any review to an investigator, and they wont choose which production line to go individually. Mechanized irregular portion will choose which investigator goes where.
- Advance choice Loan choice for GST enrolled firms will now be accessible through the GST gateway itself. For the exporters looking for advances on pre-shipment and post shipment, the refund has been expanded from 3% to 5%.
- Income sureness It will now be obligatory for organizations with a turnover of more than Rs 500 crore to join Trade Receivables e-Discounting System (TReDS) so MSMEs don’t confront inconvenience in income, expressed Narendra Modi.
- Intrigue concession-Government to raise intrigue concession on advances for MSME exporters to 5% from 3%. PM Modi likewise asked for vast organizations to clear bills of MSMEs quickly. More than 72,000 MSMEs have been allowed credits through this entryway, said Modi.
- Snappy advance access-Government dispatches fast credit get to conspire for up to Rs 1 crore for MSME division. 2% refund for credits up to Rs 1 cr for GST-enlisted MSME.
- MSME’s driven by ladies Mandatory for PSUs to obtain up to 3 percent from MSMEs driven by ladies.
- Exchange receivables and e-marking down frameworks All organizations with turnover of more than Rs 500 crore would need to now come on Trade Receivables e-Discounting System (TReDS) stage so that there is no income issue for MSMEs.
- Pharma bunches for MSMEs-PM Modi said that legislature will set up pharma groups for MSMEs. Focus to endure 70% of setup cost. He likewise said that the Govt is to offer Rs 6,000 crore innovation upgradation bundle for MSMEs.
- Government e-Marketplace-Government e-Marketplace stage acquisition obligatory for AIIPSEs.
- Ecological laws-Easing consistence with natural principles, MSMEs will require single air and water leeway and only one agree to set up a production line.
- Unwinding in labor laws-MSMEs should document only one yearly profit for eight work laws and 10 focal standards. Modi included that a statute has been declared to disentangle collect of punishments for minor offenses under the Companies Act.
PM MODI’S ACCEPTANCE IS STILL IN HIGHER NUMBERS
Excepting the South, whatever is left of India favors Prime Minister Narendra Modi over Congress president Rahul Gandhi as the nation’s next PM, as indicated by the across the nation discoveries of the Political Stock Exchange (PSE).
The PSE, India’s first-historically speaking week after week tracker of the nation’s political heartbeat, found that as high 46 percent of the respondents bolster Modi for a second term contrasted with 32 percent backing Gandhi. Another 22 percent ticked the “don’t-have the foggiest idea” box.
The India Today-Axis-My-India overview was directed by means of telephonic meetings crosswise over 540 parliamentary voting demographics between August 25 and October 31, with an example size of 2,16,235.
It demonstrated Modi’s stocks taking off over Gandhi’s in the North, East and West India. The Congress president, nonetheless, beats the head administrator on the ubiquity file in the South, as indicated by the PSE.
In the North, Modi anchored 45 percent support and Gandhi 27 percent; in the East, the PM drove with 50 percent and his adversary with 25 percent; and their proportion in the West remained at 52:33 percent, as per the examination.
For the voters down south, Gandhi has been observed to be more adequate than Modi. In southern India, the Congress boss won 40 percent and the officeholder PM 37 percent bolster on the inquiry who ought to be the nation’s next PM.
Psephologist Yogendra Yadav concurred that however PM Modi is ahead in the race, there is a sharp decrease in his prevalence. “It is very certain that Narendra Modi is in front of Rahul Gandhi. In 2014, Modi’s ubiquity was twofold that of Rahul, Manmohan Singh and Sonia Gandhi joined. A year prior, in May 2017, Modi’s ubiquity was three times that of Rahul, Sonia and Manmohan set up together. Today, it’s one-and-a-half occasions. On the administration’s prevalence, it is no place near what it was a year prior,” he said.
Political specialist Sandeep Shastri stated, “While Modi is in front of Rahul, the hole has lessened. The BJP would need it to be an initiative challenge while the Congress would not. Now of time, it is the structure of the opposition that appears to propose a considerably closer race. The prevalence of a pioneer does not really convert into seats for a gathering.”
Be that as it may, political investigator Manisha Priyam had an alternate point to make. “Modi is ahead however he doesn’t generally cross the 50 percent check in any of the classifications. It is important that the “others” classification, or, in other words, a critical 20-25 percent cast a ballot. On the off chance that the slide occurs, and it is occurring the extent that Modi is concerned, it could swing towards a third applicant. The year 2019 will be a total of state decisions, and the genuine test could be the others class joined with Rahul Gandhi.”