The ruling Congress and the Janata Dal (Secular) are accusing the Bharatiya Janata Party of trying to lure away their MLAs to topple the HD Kumaraswamy coalition goverment
Karnataka’s ruling partners the Congress and the Janata Dal (Secular) have regularly had to battle rumours that their legislators are set to desert them to help the Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP) topple chief minister HD Kumaraswamy’s four-month-old government. So it was on Saturday amid buzz that three Congress MLAs were headed to Chennai.
That the three - MTB Nagaraj, D Sudhakar and H Nagesh who had contested as an independent but subsequently joined the Congress - could not be reached for comments fuelled the speculation that they were BJP-bound.The Congress rubbished the rumours, confirming late in the evening that the three were in touch with former chief minister Siddaramaiah and were not planning on quitting the party.
The Congress again alleged that some BJP leaders, including state president BS Yeddyurappa, have been in touch with legislators of the ruling coalition, promising monetary incentives to make them switch over, allegations that have been denied by the BJP.
“They offered Rs 5 crore to our legislator CS Shivalli,” alleged state Congress president Dinesh Gundu Rao on Saturday, referring to the party MLA who was allegedly approached by the BJP. Earlier this week, the Congress had even filed a complaint with the income tax department alleging that the BJP was collecting black money in order to indulge in horse-trading.
The latest round of desertion rumours were sparked after a turf battle within the Congress’s Belagavi district unit spiraled out of control. However the three in the centre of Saturday’s rumour are not from the district. The Congress alleged the BJP has approached its leaders in an attempt to dislodge the Congress-JD(S) coalition, which managed to form the government in the state despite the BJP having got the highest number of seats in assembly elections this year.
A senior BJP leader who did not want to be named, claimed that it was the Congress leaders who had reached out to the party. “We followed up on those conversations, it wasn’t the other way around,” the leader said.
Congress leaders admit privately that the threat of desertion is being used by some members as leverage with an eye on a cabinet expansion that chief minister Kumaraswamy is likely to effect soon. The Jarkiholi brothers - minister Ramesh Jarkiholi and his brother Satish - had used this successfully, kicking up a row earlier this month over elections to a local cooperative bank, which was controlled by them till recently.
Congress’ first-time MLA Lakshmi Hebbalkar had decided to prop up local leaders close to her to challenge their control. The brothers signalled that some people in the party were working to weaken their hold over the Belagavi district, publicly criticising state leaders and holding many discussions with MLAs close to them. That had sparked speculation that they were considering quitting the Congress.
However, they haven’t quit, with a compromise solution struck up after senior Congress leaders intervened allowing the Jarkiholis to pick president and vice-president candidates from among Hebbalkar’s group, allowing the brothers to claim the bragging rights in the battle.
Even as the Congress quelled that round of dissent, other leaders saw an effective tactic to lobby for ministerial posts, a senior party leader said, adding, “The lead up to a Cabinet expansion is always a time of anxiety for parties, because those who lose out are sure to kick up a fuss.”.
But both the Congress and the JD (S) are confident that they have matters under control. The Congress leader pointed to a letter written to Speaker KR Ramesh Kumar as the reason for this confidence. In the letter, the JD(S) said there were reports of horse trading and, hence, the speaker must not accept resignations, if tendered, without first investigating the matter.
Karnataka chief minister HD Kumaraswamy whose JD (S)-Congress coalition government has been battling rumours of MLAs deserting, with Congress President Rahul […]
Can Congress win the 2018 Rajasthan Assembly elections, or will it be the BJP again?
RAJASTHANI people are smartest one, in context of giving political power. They never allow any ruling party to have full power and hold. There is history of choosing alternating parties. This is the reason why no party claims Rajasthan as their main state. Ahead of Rajasthan Assembly Elections, this is our Ground Report.
In 2013 Assembly Elections and 2014 Lok Sabha Elections BJP came this time there is good chance of congress. However people are happy with government’s development work.
These are some of the points which causes win of BJP as shared by a people of Rajasthan to our team on Ground.
- BJP(NDA) Has Very Unique Marketing Strategy.(PM as well)
- All of the Cabinet Ministers are socially active which leads it to Target youth.
- Also having very good involvement of trending matter whereas opponent used to run-away from situation (nothing to brag about here)
- Already we’ve seen so many big marginal victories in many big states.
- After urban areas it now covering all the rural areas now!
- As numbers of voters are increasing day by day we can conclude that people are getting aware and started taking interest in polity.
Our Team had a conversation with number of people on Ground. What TUP has learned here is that there are some initiatives which BJP has under its belt to show off. Like Bhamashah Health Insurance, Digitization of services, Sampark Portal, Water conservation schemes, Scholarship of General Category students and few more.
- Rajasthan is a unique state where power is alternating between Congress and BJP. In 2013 Ashok Ghelot, lost the election even though he had some creditable performance in some sectors. But his complete neglect of infrastructure cost him his election. Also struggles within the party made his cause difficult.
- Vasundara Raje has been successful in giving highest importance to development of the state. She is able to bring the state on the road of development. In Skill Development Rajasthan stands first on all India level. While in investment Rajasthan is third as per RBI. As per World Bank Rajasthan is sixth in ease of doing business. In Solar Energy development Rajasthan stands first. Also stands first nationally in building toilets under Swatch Bharath Abhyan. All these achievements are only the beginning of a change in development witnessed in the state. The present BJP government is riding high on its development or Vikas.
- Unlike in 2013, in 2018 assembly election, a new issue having very wide ramifications has cropped up under the film Padmavati. The dream scene, the dance of Padmavati, the sequence of seeing the reflection of princess Padmavati through the mirror when no mirror was invented at that time, became contentious issues which Rajputs under Karni Sena, are against. This has given a handle to the BJP, government. How far this will affect the election or help BJP is a moot question.
- Unlike Ashok Ghelot and Sachin Pilot who had to face internal sabotage, Vasundara do not have such problems. Secondly BJP is endowed with a Charismatic leader under Modi, whose presence itself makes a lot of difference. Thirdly there is no corruption case against Vasundara or her ministry. Fourthly the government is focused on development and they are visible. Finally BJP has a strong organization unlike Congress. Hence the contest will be close and unpredictable as of now.
This is a Public Opinion which TUP has got on ground covering Rajasthan Elections 2018 closely. Everyday there can be a new story a change but till now this is the situation and facts we gathered. Let’s see who will win Rajasthan Elections 2018 – BJP or Congress.
द यूनिवर्सल पोस्ट को राजस्थान चुनाव के चलते मिला एक बेनामी पत्र – क्या आक्रोश है राजस्थान की जनता में?
अलवर शहरी विधानसभा के चुनावी दंगल में उतरे भाजपा के संजय शर्मा और कांग्रेस से श्वेता सैनी
राजस्थान विधान सभा चुनावों का दौर शुरू हो चूका है। चुनावों के इस दौर में सभी पार्टियां चुनावी प्रचारो में जोरो से लगी हुए है हाल ही में छत्तीसगढ़ मध्यप्रदेश और राजस्थान में चुनाव होने हैं। और ये चुनाव सभी पार्टिओ के लिए महत्वपूर्ण मने जा रहे हैं क्योकि कहीं न कहीं इन चुनावों में जीत या हार 2019 के राज्यसभा चुनावों में विभिन्न राजनैतिक पार्टिओ की छवि से जोड़ कर देखा जा रहा है।
वही बात राजस्थान में अलवर जिले की बात की जाए तो अलवर जिले में कुल 11 विधानसभा सीटें हैं और इन 11 सीटों के लिए विभिन्न पार्टिओ के उम्मीदवार मैदान में हैं, पिछले आंकड़ों को देखे तो पिछले विधानसभा चुनाव में इन 11 सीटों में से 9 सीटें अकेले बीजेपी ने जीती थी वही कांग्रेस को एक और एक सीट अन्य के खाते में गई थी।
इस बार ध्यान देने वाली बात यह है कि अलवर अरबन सीट से बीजेपी की तरफ से संजय शर्मा चुनावी मैदान में हैं वही कांग्रेस की तरफ से श्वेता सैनी। संजय शर्मा बीजेपी के एक विश्वशनीय नेता के तौर पर 25 सालों से भारतीय जनता पार्टी में हैं शर्मा भाजपा के प्रदेश मंत्री के साथ साथ जयपुर देहात के प्रभारी का कार्य भी संभल रहे थे।
वहीं बात कांग्रेस की करें तो पहले कांग्रेस की तरफ से कहा गया की जितेन्द्रे सिंह चुनाव लड़ेंगे फिर अजय अग्रवाल कोंग्रस में शामिल हुए तो उनके नाम की चर्चा हुई और इन तमाम उलझनों के बाद कांग्रेस ने श्वेता सैनी को अपना उम्मीदवार बनाया। इस बार कांग्रेस के लिए यह मुश्किल हो गया है कि वो अपने किस नेता का नाम सामने करें की पार्टी को अच्छा बहुमत मिले क्योकि संजय शर्मा बीजेपी की तरफ से एक कर्मठ और सुयोग्य उम्मीदवार माने जा हैं। कही न कही शर्मा की छवि पार्टी से लेकर जनता तक श्वेता सैनी से बेहतर बताई जा रही है और इस प्रकार अलवर शहरी क्षेत्र से बीजेपी और पार्टी उम्मीदवार संजय शर्मा दोनों का पलड़ा कांग्रेस के मुकाबले भरी दिख रहा है। वही श्वेता सैनी के बारे में बात की जाए तो उनका रिकॉर्ड कुछ खास नहीं रहा है। पिछले नगरपालिका परिषद चुनावों में उनकी हार हुई थी तो हैरान करने वाली बात यह है कि इसके बावजूद भी कांग्रेस पार्टी ने उन्हें अपना उमीदवार बनाया है।